How SERVPRO Can Help Your Business Prepare for Large Loss Water Damage
As a business owner, you are always thinking about the future, and you know that disasters are something you need to be prepared for. When disaster strikes, possessions are often ruined, and the structures of businesses can be negatively affected. Staff can become injured or find themselves in dangerous situations, and these are scenarios you want to be able to prevent or at least be ready for. A professional damage restoration company can be an important and welcomed resource during times like these; such companies are able to complete all necessary repairs in a timely and efficient manner as well as keep you and your workforce out of harm’s way.
While disastrous situations can rarely be foreseen, planning ahead in preparation for any possible commercial water damage will help you be prepared to handle such an event. During extreme weather, some areas of your business are going to be more apt to experience damage than others. For example, low-lying areas like basements, cellars, and parking lots are most likely to experience storm damage.
Planning ahead in these areas will help:
- Basements and cellars should be inspected ahead of wet weather since they have a number of easy entry points for water. If there is heavy rainfall during inclement weather, or if the building is near a body of water such as a lake or river, they are going to be in danger. Let the SERVPRO of Boise professionals look for cracks in the foundation, ceiling, and walls of these areas. Handling the aftermath of flooding and storm damage can be very expensive, but is an event that can be avoided if you plan ahead by enlisting the help of our team.
- A damaged roof, either from weather or fire, is susceptible to water damage, and the areas underneath it will suffer. If rain gutters have not been properly maintained, you may experience some problems stemming from standing water, as well. SERVPRO is skilled and experienced when it comes to maintaining our clients’ property, and we can help you be ready in the event of large loss water damage.
- If areas such as entryways, windows, and doors are not properly sealed against extreme wet conditions, large loss water damage is a definite danger. We can help you make sure they are free of standing water and debris, as well, if flooding occurs. Proper planning in this area can prevent injuries and costly repairs.
- Our professionals can help ensure that all areas around your buildings are kept free from flammable materials and that all plants and trees are trimmed well on a regular basis to prevent fires from spreading if they occur.
- State law requires that you post an evacuation plan in a visible place for your staff and customers. Make sure that your employees understand it and know how to carefully guide clientele to safe areas should a disaster occur. Have a phone tree established so that all employees are alerted to important information whether they are at work or at home. The SERVPRO of Boise team can help in creating a plan.
Our team here at SERVPRO of Boise is ready to help in case of disaster and large loss water damages, and the repairs your business may need in the aftermath. We are also experts in fire damage restoration, mold remediation, commercial restoration, and much more!