What to do if You Find Mold in Your Home
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold. Dead mold spores can be just as harmful as live spores. Bleach and other cleaners will not get rid of mold, but may actually help the mold spread. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
· Stay out of affected areas.
· Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
· Contact SERVPRO for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
· Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
· Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
· Don’t attempt to dry the area.
· Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.